Sunday, May 20, 2012

Great Wall and Summer Palace

Today we went to the Great Wall, The Summer Palace and the jade factory. It was a very busy day but wonderful. We started the day at the jade factory. It was very interesting. They showed us how they made some items with the jade and how to tell if it was real jade or fake. They had many beautiful pieces. I could have spent hours there just looking at all if it. Next we went to The Great Wall. I can say incredible, but I don't think that quite describes it. The portion of the wall we went to was very steep but had unbelievable views. I only made it about three quarters of the way to the top before my fear of heights got the best of me. It was still wonderful! After The Great Wall we had lunch at a Chinese restaurant. Delicious! We all enjoyed it very much. Then off to The Summer Palace. Pictures don't really do it justice. It was quite beautiful. When we first arrived a young Chinese man came up to me to ask if he could have his picture taken with me. It was really weird! We walked around the palace and then took a boat ride across the lake. It was very enjoyable. The picture of McDonald's was our diinner and just like home! We took it for Susie in Phoenix! Here are some pictures from today's events:

9 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!! Oh my GOD the picture of the 2 of you with the wall in the background is amazing, it almost doesn't seem real!! My thought s and love are with you for your next big adventure tomorrow!! I CAN"T WAIT FOR THAT POST!!!!!!!!

    Love you
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve and Cindy

    Thank You for the McDonald's Picture..... :)

    Be Safe have a Great Trip enjoy your New Treasure (Tia)

    Love to you all
    Susie and Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Guys , wow on the pics just beautiful, miss ya guys keep the pics coming living thru you there. miss u bunches James,Ryein and Kelly love you xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We never went there... so I am going there with you... love the photos... hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello I love all the familiar pics. Been thinking of you a lot. Love you talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Guys,
    Wow the pics are amazing! I am surprised at the Mickey D's Steve...lol. All the best wishes for tomorrow and all the days ahead.
    Love reading your blog!
    Love,
    Dan, Ellen and boys

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing journey this has been for both of you! Hugs for all of you and can't wait to continue following your journey to bring Tia home....
    Love, Celeste

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Cindy, Steve and Tia,
    We want to send Birthday wishes to Cindy!!
    we are probably a day late with our wishes since it is 5:00p.m. on May 25th here so I am thinking it is 5:00a.m.on May 26th in China. Love the pictures. Tia is so beautiful.
    Tia is the best birthday present ever!! Enjoy every minute!! Love Kevin and Raquel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi all! Happy birthday Cindy (sorry, I'm a day late!) - hope you had a wonderful day!! Love the pictures - Tia is absolutely beautiful - can't wait to meet her! Best of luck and safe travels!

    Lisa, Ken and the boys :)

    ReplyDelete